Kim Pattison has been a resident of Shasta County since 1978. She has been married 41 years and enjoys spending time with her 5 grandchildren, being outdoors, hiking, bicycling, the arts, collecting heart rocks, and her dog Jake. She received her Bachelors degree in Psychology from Simpson University and her Masters of Arts in Counseling Psychology from National University. She is a member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), the Redding Regional and State Chapters, and the American Association of Christian Counselors.
She considers it a privilege to be included in her client's journeys toward wholeness, restoration and empowerment. Her car license plates sum things up - YUMATTR, (you matter).
Professional Workshops and Post Graduate Training
* Peace Making and Conflict Resolution
* Dialectical Behavior Therapy: A Practical Guide
* Healing Sybling Sexual Trauma
* Sandplay: Language of the Soul
* Working with Children from Traumatic and Chaotic Backgrounds - Developmental Disabilities, Childhood Mental Health Disorders, Mood Disorders and Trauma, Complex Trauma and PTSD, Education and Trauma
* Childhood Trauma and the Brain - The Neurosequential Model of Caregiving
* Autism Spectrum Disorder - developmental differences of children with autism and parenting strategies.
* Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to Treating PTSD
* Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders
* Life after Divorce, Starting over
* Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
* Healthy Sexuality
* Clinical Approaches for Returning Military Veterans and Their Families
* Military Families and Reunions
* California Standard 5.20 Training: Understanding Standards of Practice for Providers of Supervised Visitation